WHAT YOU CAN DO - UK
Dear Friends in the UK, please help us prevent the OCP pipeline from initiating a rash of new oil wells in the National Parks and Indigenous reserves of the Amazon Headwaters of Ecuador. Please protest the OCP.
* Contact us for copies of this video Amazon Oil Pipeline-Pollution, Corruption & Poverty - by donation or free to anyone who'll host a screening for family or friends, specify language: Spanish, German, English, Italian, Portuguese, French.
Activists in the following countries are protesting to the IMF, WestLB, Encana and Ecuador as well as their own oil companies and banks: Argentina, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, USA
* Please help us get the message out. $4 covers our costs, another $5 sends one Spanish video free to an NGO in Ecuador or Argentina with a "What You Can Do" flier with the addresses of THEIR corporations on there for them to email or call.
* Please write emails, faxes and letters of protest about OCP.
It doesn't matter how short your letters are, they are counted. If enough
people make themselves heard, things will change.
* Please write to the German Bank WestLB asking them to pull out of the OCP project and demand repayment of the 900 million dollars they have loaned to OCP. One of the contractual conditions for this loan was that OCP would adhere to World Bank standards for protection of the environment and of indigenous communities. OCP has blatantly and continuously breached this contract (see (see www.rainforestinfo.org.au/ocp/goodland.htm)
1. president of WestLB Dr. Lüthje,
Tel.: (0211) 826-01 Fax: (0211) 826-6119
2.(because one of the owners of WestLB is the State of Nordrhein-Westfalen)
please cc: Ministerpräsident Peer Steinbrueck, Stadttor, 40213 Düsseldorf,
Phone: +49-(0)211-83701, Fax: +49-(0)211-8371170, mail:
Please write to Perenco, an Anglo-French oil company and partner in the OCP pipeline. Ask them to pull out of the project:
29 Duke of York Sq.,
London SW3 64LY, UK
Tel. : +44 (0)20 79018200 Fax : +44 (0)20 79018230
Email: email@example.com (ie drop leading 0 and use international dialing code and your email will print on Perenco's fax machine.)
Please cc EnCana, Canadian oil company with 34% - the biggest stake in OCP:
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please write to the President of Ecuador, with a copy to the Minister of
Energy and to Accion Ecologica, demanding:
- cancelation of the contract between the Ecuadorian government and the OCP
consortium because of human rights violations and environmental impacts.
- Ecuador declare a moratorium on the expansion of the oil frontier that is
threatening protected areas and indigenous territories.
Presidente Lucio Gutiérrez`
Calle García Moreno y Chile
Quito - Ecuador
Tel: 593 22 580833 Fax: 593 22 580 748
Ing. Carlos Arboleda Heredia
Ministro de Energías y Minas
Calle Juan León Mera y Orellana, Ed. Ministerio de Obras Públicas
Quito - Ecuador
Tel: 593 22 553043 Fax: 593 22 906350
Accion Ecologica: email@example.com
* Please contact the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and tell them you
want them to cancel Ecuador's debt in exchange for Ecuador protecting the
Amazon forests and indigenous people.
International Monetary Fund,
Attn Horst Koehler, Managing Director.
700 19th Street, N.W.,
Washington, D.C. 20431,
Tel: 1 202 623-7300 Fax: 1 202 623-6278
Anoop Singh, Director of the Western Hemisphere Department
Tel 1 202 623 6222. fax 1 202 623 7499
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please check www.rainforestinfo.org.au for updates on "What You Can Do"
www.amazonwatch.org, www.rainforestinfo.org.au, www.accionecologica.org,